Wednesday, March 28, 2012

INSTALLl sql server without reboot

Hello,
I am trying install MS SQL 2000 client on the server.
and it telling me that I have to reboot server , because some other program
was install.
Q: How can I install client without reboot server?
ThanksYou can not... If there is a pending re-boot necessary due to the
installation of something else, you must re-boot first to finish the prior
install. Then do your sql stuff.
Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
Mariner, Charlotte, NC
www.mariner-usa.com
(Please respond only to the newsgroups.)
I support the Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS) and it's
community of SQL Server professionals.
www.sqlpass.org
"Serverdba" <Serverdba@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4B6F0229-0652-445C-8DBE-C1D2C15E146F@.microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> I am trying install MS SQL 2000 client on the server.
> and it telling me that I have to reboot server , because some other
program was install.
> Q: How can I install client without reboot server?
>
> Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment