Wednesday, March 28, 2012

installing to another website

Hi,
I am trying to install Reporting Services on our web
server and one of the requirements says I have to install
the report server's virtual directory to the default
website. The problem is, the default website's ip is
unassigned most of the time, and is frequently either
being configured differently for testing or is out of
commission most of the time. Now, there are other
websites on the server that I'd rather use, and I was
wondering if it is possible to create the report server's
virtual directory in a website other than the default
one?
Thanks,
MarkThis article explains how to change the website that RS is hosted on.
http://www.sqljunkies.com/HowTo/525B575A-7F61-483A-AC8F-FEC700C34674.scuk
Craig
Mark Hackenberg wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to install Reporting Services on our web
> server and one of the requirements says I have to install
> the report server's virtual directory to the default
> website. The problem is, the default website's ip is
> unassigned most of the time, and is frequently either
> being configured differently for testing or is out of
> commission most of the time. Now, there are other
> websites on the server that I'd rather use, and I was
> wondering if it is possible to create the report server's
> virtual directory in a website other than the default
> one?
> Thanks,
> Mark|||That article really helped. It laid everything out step
by step. Thanks for the help.
>--Original Message--
>This article explains how to change the website that RS
is hosted on.
>http://www.sqljunkies.com/HowTo/525B575A-7F61-483A-AC8F-
FEC700C34674.scuk
>
>Craig
>Mark Hackenberg wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to install Reporting Services on our web
>> server and one of the requirements says I have to
install
>> the report server's virtual directory to the default
>> website. The problem is, the default website's ip is
>> unassigned most of the time, and is frequently either
>> being configured differently for testing or is out of
>> commission most of the time. Now, there are other
>> websites on the server that I'd rather use, and I was
>> wondering if it is possible to create the report
server's
>> virtual directory in a website other than the default
>> one?
>> Thanks,
>> Mark
>.
>|||Thank you sooo much Craig. This article told the steps exactly.
No one had a clue what to do. I was mucking around with this for ages.
<b>Just brilliant</b>
"Craig Riter" wrote:
> This article explains how to change the website that RS is hosted on.
> http://www.sqljunkies.com/HowTo/525B575A-7F61-483A-AC8F-FEC700C34674.scuk
>
> Craig
> Mark Hackenberg wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to install Reporting Services on our web
> > server and one of the requirements says I have to install
> > the report server's virtual directory to the default
> > website. The problem is, the default website's ip is
> > unassigned most of the time, and is frequently either
> > being configured differently for testing or is out of
> > commission most of the time. Now, there are other
> > websites on the server that I'd rather use, and I was
> > wondering if it is possible to create the report server's
> > virtual directory in a website other than the default
> > one?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mark
>

No comments:

Post a Comment