Friday, March 30, 2012

Instance confusion

I have built an application in web developer that has a sql data base in the App_Data

folder. It works locally fine.

I have uploaded it to my web host client successfully and it all displays. The web host is enabled

for asp.net. But the sql data base is not working...no information is getting from the web application into

my instance of sql in App_Data.

My web host has given me an e:/webs/mywebsitename.com/data/nameofdb.mdf

to alter in my web config connection string which I have done, but still not working.

I have also tried every version of this in connection string without success

Im just confused about the e: part............how is that going to get to my App_Data?

Can someone give me a quick overview of what the problem might be

richard

repling to myself now.....this is the holy grail

http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlexpress/archive/2006/11/22/connecting-to-sql-express-user-instances-in-management-studio.aspx

Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment