Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Installing/Configuration

Hi,

I'm

pretty new to this reporting services thing. I've installed it on my PC

and it runs fine. However, other PCs on my LAN can't access the reports

through their browser. I think there is an issue with IIS also involved

because they cannot even browse to the default website on my PC. There

may also be some security related issues as well (with IIS, Reporting

Services and my SQL Server 2005 database).

Is there any step

by step guide on how to configure all these three things properly for

remote access available that anyone can recommend?

Or can anyone give me advice?

Thanks,

Frank

Does the URL use the IP addy or machine name when they try to access the default website? If uses the machine name, try the IP address.

Are you on a workgroup or domain?

Can they ping your machine by name?

Is there an explicit error in the browser other than 404 not found?

What is the security model being used in IIS: Anonymous, IWA (integrated windows authentication)?

These are just a few questions to get us going in the right direction

No comments:

Post a Comment