Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Installing Visual Web Dev. 2005 Express: Must uninstall ANY previous versions of SQL Server

Hello,
According to http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/download/, I have to uninstall any and all versions of SQL before I attempt to install the VWD 2005 express edition. is there a work around this? I currently have SQL 2000 installed for my work; a must have for me, I can't just uninstall it.
(yes I left a similar question in the Visual forums, but haven't received any replies as of yet..just fishing for an answer here)
thanks so much, looking forward to giving VWD a test drive.
Ron Malizia
rmalizia@.co.grays-harbor.wa.us

That warning was intended to have users remove any and all previous Betas of SQL Server 2005 prior to installing VWD Express.

It's okay to have MSDE or SQL 2000 on your box, or even to have SQL Server 2005 on your box. But if you have any of the SQL Server 2005 Betas or CTP installs, please remove them first.

-Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment