Friday, March 30, 2012

Instance Failure: SqlDataSource

I'm trying to populate a DropDownList with data from an SQL table (called StrataPlans). I'm getting an instance failure from the following code:

<

asp:SqlDataSourceID="dataSource"runat="server"ConnectionString="Server=BEN-TOSH\\SQLEXPRESS; TRUSTED_CONNECTION=YES; database=OSMSQL"SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM StrataPlans"ProviderName="System.Data.SqlClient"SelectCommandType="Text"/>

<asp:DropDownListID="spList"DataSourceID="dataSource"runat="server"/>

I've tested the connectionstring/select query in another of my applications and it works ok...can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to resolve this?

Thanks

Hmm,

That seems odd; an instance failure would be with creating the obect I would think. Could you provide the details of the error message?

No comments:

Post a Comment