Friday, March 30, 2012

Instance Port

Hi,
Anybody can tell me how can I get the port number of an
instance name in SQL Server 2000.
Thanks in advance.
Javier RosasJavier,
Refer to this url.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];265808
- Vishal
"Javier Rosas" <jrosashe@.accival.com.mx> wrote in message
news:031401c3ae15$1303d3b0$a401280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> Anybody can tell me how can I get the port number of an
> instance name in SQL Server 2000.
> Thanks in advance.
> Javier Rosas|||The best place is the header of the errorlog for the
instance. The port that the instance listens on is
identified there along with the IP address.
You could also use the Server Network Configuration to
check the configured port. But there is a chance that it's
not the port the instance is currently using.
Linchi
>--Original Message--
>Hi,
>Anybody can tell me how can I get the port number of an
>instance name in SQL Server 2000.
>Thanks in advance.
>Javier Rosas
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment