Sunday, February 19, 2012

Installing SQL 2005 Enterprise

I had SQL Server 2005 Enterprise edition installed on my machine. I
uninstalled it while trying to hunt down another problem. Now that the
problem has been corrected I can't re-install SQL Server. When I try, the
only installation option is the workstation components. Does anyone have an
idea why the Database Engine, Analysis and Reporting services can't be
re-installed?Hi,
have you checked on the "add and remove programs" if there is any reference
to the sql server?
--
Paulo Ferreira
http://www.info2k.pt
SQL Server DBA Experts
"Tim" wrote:
> I had SQL Server 2005 Enterprise edition installed on my machine. I
> uninstalled it while trying to hunt down another problem. Now that the
> problem has been corrected I can't re-install SQL Server. When I try, the
> only installation option is the workstation components. Does anyone have an
> idea why the Database Engine, Analysis and Reporting services can't be
> re-installed?|||Yes, there are no references. I do have .NET Framework 3.0 installed, does
that make a difference?
"Paulo Ferreira" wrote:
> Hi,
> have you checked on the "add and remove programs" if there is any reference
> to the sql server?
> --
> Paulo Ferreira
> http://www.info2k.pt
> SQL Server DBA Experts
>
>
> "Tim" wrote:
> > I had SQL Server 2005 Enterprise edition installed on my machine. I
> > uninstalled it while trying to hunt down another problem. Now that the
> > problem has been corrected I can't re-install SQL Server. When I try, the
> > only installation option is the workstation components. Does anyone have an
> > idea why the Database Engine, Analysis and Reporting services can't be
> > re-installed?

No comments:

Post a Comment